Monday, June 25, 2012

About a "Horse"

I've been meaning to share my "horse coming out of a bale of hay" cake!  Things got a bit busy, but my "horse" cake ended up being a success - yay!!!

My directions for the cake were either a "horses head" or "horses butt" coming out of a "bucket" or a "hay bale".  I thought the bucket might be a bit more difficult to do - not that I am looking for the "easy"way, but I just need a bit more experience!  I also decided on doing a horses head.  Maybe a bit "cuter"???

I made an 8 in. chocolate square cake with that wonderful oreo filling I did in the last cake - soooo love it!  For the hay bale I decided on using the "grass tip" on the decorating bag and dragged it across the cake.  I used 2 colors: butter yellow and brown (light) and place them both next to each other in the bag.  I did a rope border along the bottom of the cake. 

Now how do a I make a horse???  I don't know what people did before Google was invented!  I googled a LOT of horses!  I ended up using chocolate fondant and shaping it into a horse.  Here is what I came up with:



 If you ever need a horse cake, I'm your girl!!!  :)

I will keep you posted on my next adventure!   Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Would love to hear from you!