Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 3 ~ Wilton Master Course

3 days down!  I feel like a zombie!  Lack of sleep is creeping up on me, but only 2 days left of the "long" days.  Whew!  


Today was pretty good.  Learned way too much - my brain is in overload.  During the early class we learned about filling and frosting and torting and crumbing cakes.  Tomorrow we have to have the sizes of our 3-tiers picked out along with a rough sketch of our wedding cake we plan to design (my sketch, of course, will definitely be "rough")  Do you think I even have that decided yet?  I know my bottom tier is going to be square.  Then, I'm stuck (square....circle...too many choices!) - I"ll keep you posted on that - going to sleep on it..... again!


 We did some practice from yesterday ~ Here is some of my work ~There's some string work and ruffle garland and zigzag garland (and I don't know what else thrown in there).






Again, this is just "practice" :)


The Master's Course ran late and right into gum paste class.  I'm very disorganized when I have to rush.  Here is a pic of my messy work station:


As you can see, we did a sunflower, daisy and hydrangea.  (ok ... those are the flowers they are supposed to be)  This gum paste stuff is definitely a lot of work and details!  We have 1 more 3 hr. class tomorrow to finish up putting all the gum paste flowers together.  I"ll be sure to post a final pic from the class!  Feel free to critique me on it ~ I can take it!


Tonight it was a glass (ok, maybe 2) of Chilean Sauvignon and the Bertoli Chicken Florentine with my friend, Kim.  We've got our routine down for these 2 weeks!  So glad she's here with me - lots of laughs to get us through these long days!


Until tomorrow .... Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene,

    Great Job! I am so impressed and it certainly makes one appreciate all the effort that goes in to the beautiful cakes we see decorated at the bakeries around Boston. You are really getting the hang of all this cake decorating. Unfortunately, I leave on a three day trip this afternoon and I don't have a laptop to take along. So, best of luck and I will look forward to catching up on your blog over the weekend!

    Enjoy the rest of your class.

    Good luck and most of all, have fun!

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, you're the best! :) Thanks so much! Have a great 3 day trip! We're still having a blast and so happy to be here! Looking forward to SLEEP on Sat. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!