Friday, May 11, 2012

Last Day of the Masters!

I did it!  I completed the Masters Course and even received a certificate of graduation - yayyy!!!
We had a tour of Wilton Headquarters this morning.  It was interesting - especially the history of Wilton - got a pic of this Holly Hobby cake pan from the 80's - mom, why didn't you do a Holly Hobby cake for me?  Loved her!!!  :)
We didn't get to see the decorating room where they do the cakes for the yearbooks, ect. because they were renovating.  I learned of the Wilton "tent sale" that runs the beginning of June (something like the 1st-11th)- up to 75% off items!!!  I may have to hop a flight for that one!


We headed back to the school for our graduation and snacks and CAKE!  Lorena, one of the instructors, made an amazing almond cake with a "sauvignon" filling - YUM!  (no idea why I didn't get a pic of that)  She made snacks for us over the 2 weeks ~ unbelievable pastries, muffins, ect.... but for some reason I never came home with a list of recipes???  (I'm going to have to make a phone call...)


I received 2 certificates, 1 for the Masters Course, and 1 for the Gum Paste course:
(Here I am receiving my certificate in khaki's and a hoody with sneakers - I love the casual lifestyle of decorating!):

(Above: Debbie, our Master's instructor - she put up with my decorating for 2 weeks!  She's amazing and such an inspiration!  Even if my lilies were too skinny :)  thnx for all the "constructive criticism" - it will make me the best I can be! xoxo)


Me and my friend, Kim, displaying our cakes:
Kim and I have "donated" our cakes to the Wilton School.  There is no way I could have went home with 4 pieces of luggage and 2 cakes.  Working for the airlines, I know that the cakes would have been disasters when I got home.  It's ok... I  know it's in good hands!  I hope to go back to the Wilton School again in the near future!  They have a great list of courses and it's such a beautiful area to visit.  Hmmmm..... do you think I have a chance?  Should I work on a business plan?  I will keep you posted on my future!  Thanks so much for checking out my blog!!!  Bring on Cake!!!  xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I'm Ursula and I will taking the master course in September. I come fromBarcelona - Spain and will take the Master Course, Introduction to Gum Paste and also the Introduction to Fondant Modeling. After that I will die, I know, but as I have to fly from so far away I just thought that I couldn't waste a single moment.
    Any suggestions, any ideas, anything you would recommend? I would be very thankful for anything you could tell me. My mail is ursulaviwa@gmail.com if you want/can contact me.
    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!