Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Wilton Master Course ~ Day 7

Just when you think you've learned all the icing techniques that exist!  THERE ARE MORE!!!  :)


This morning we spent the first 2 hrs. working on our wedding cakes.  I made pale peach drop flowers.  We were told to always make extra:  I think I figured out 40 or so drop flowers for my cake so I made about 70 - think that should be enough? :)  I also worked on some pale peach petunias.   
I brought some icing back to the room this evening - more practice.  I want the petunias to be PERFECT but I can't expect that after just a week!  The color is very light so I think I'll throw a few darker ones in there.


(oh... you should see some of the wedding cake drawings in our class ~  You'd think we have architects and artists galore!  AHHHH!)


We also learned how to highlight flowers with "pearl dust" today.  I'll probably add some "shimmer" to my flowers.
We learned how to "wire flowers" and watched a demo with piping gel.


AND we learned the last of techniques for the course:   The "Reverse Shell" and "Colonial Scroll".   Here is what I came up with from those 2 techniques:

Tomorrow we work on what is called our "sampler" cake (mine I might call "circus" cake)  This cake will be divided into 8ths and will include ALL the techniques we've learned since the first day of class.  I will be sure to share a pic.... no matter what :)


Two more days of class and then GRADUATION! (I hope they serve cake - can you believe with all this frosting we have not had any real cake to eat???)  


 I"m almost there!  I can do it!

3 comments:

  1. Circus cake...love it. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well .... I'm calling it "circus" because it's got a whole lot going on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Love the colonial scroll!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!