Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 2 ~ Wilton Master Course

Hello!  As tired as I am, I am still going to write as I drink a glass of Chardonnay.  Surely my work today would have been much better with wine involved :)  (did I say that yesterday, too?)


Each day we start with an hr. practice of what we learned from the day before. That went pretty well.  I've got the hang of the vines and rosettes.   Then we had to start NEW STUFF.  We learned "shells" and me and "shells" just didn't seem to be getting along for some reason.  Along with the shells we learned something called "corinelli lace" (spelled something like that)  I enjoy that one because there really is no pattern and it's more of a "free form" design - YES! (sorry, no pic today - check back with me later)  Had issues with the "chandeliers" and what I am going to call "loopies"  - here is my photo - unless I "perfect" this technique you will not be seeing this in my final project wedding cake!


Looking forward to practice tomorrow morning!


The Gum Paste Class is great, but I seem to feel rushed every day. After 8 hrs of morning class we roll right into gum paste. Today we learned how to do the gum paste rose.  I believe it took about 2 hrs. to do this rose.  I'm going to have to work on some speed or I will be doing a mini cake with a single gum paste rose!  I am loving the class, though, and I'm so glad I signed up for it.  Tomorrow we'll put the finishing touches on it.  Here is my yellow rose so far:






Oh - before I forget - I want to share this little "perk":  Every day we have a snack time/break at around 10:00 (gotta love that!) and we get to enjoy a fresh made pastry!  Yesterday was Baklava and today it was this amazing chocolate cake roll - YUM!!! (wish they'd share these recipes - I'll work on getting those for you)










That's all for today - way past bedtime.  Nite! 


ps - so glad Kim and I went to Super Target and stocked up on the Bertoli Skillet Meals - 10 min. and we have dinner every night!  I can't imagine having to go out to grab a bite after these long days - it will be so worth it in the end!



















3 comments:

  1. That rose is gorgeous. Even if there is only one on a cake, it is beautiful. Nice job. ~ Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rose is Beautiful! So glad that you are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I'm so glad I did this - learning so much and having a blast :)

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!