Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 4 ~ Wilton Master Course

It's Thurs.  One more day this week!  Today was draining.  Lots more stuff. Overload.  It's all good, though.  We started the day with the normal "practice".  That was fine.  We got into the 1/2 carnation (?), carnation, rosebud and then the ROSE.  Carnations were kicking my butt for some reason.  I don't think I even took a picture of any or mine.  Here are some of my practice drop flowers (they actually look much better from a distance):
We had a certain # of each size to make, but of course I did extra since some of them are probably going to find their way to the trash bin.  I do like the look of the "drop flower", though.


Ok, I lied... just found a "carnation" pic:


Here are some of the "rosebuds":
We learned the Wilton Rose right before the end of class ~ I'll incl. a pic tomorrow after my "practice" (if up to par).   Needs  a bit of work!  


I accomplished choosing the sizing on my wedding cake for my final project - bottom tier is 10 in. square, middle tier 8 in. square and top tier 6 in. circle - woohoo!  No turning back ~  We frost them tomorrow!


Today was the last day of Gum Paste class.  Couldn't finish - van ride was there and class went waaayyyy over again (disappointing).  Going to spend some time next week for the final touches.  Here is my Lily and Orchid so far:


as you can see in the above pic I am in serious need of a manicure - think that's what I'll be doing this weekend!

Heading to bed!  After tomorrow's Master Class I have a 3 hr. "Starting a Cake" business class til 6:30.  But you  have to tell me first if you'd ever be interested in having me do a cake for you!!!  :)  Hope to get some good tips!  I'll let you know how it goes!  Goodnight!  xo




















3 comments:

  1. This all looks so fun. Tiring I'm sure but fun. Great job ~ Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're hired! Yes, of course, I'd be delighted to have you do a cake for me! Celia is going to need someone to make her 1yr cake for her next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to do Celia's 1st Birthday Cake! I'd be "honored" to! :) Thanks for the vote of confidence!!!

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!