Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 6 ~ Wilton Master Course

It's the 2nd week of the Master Course ~ almost there!  I am absolutely exhausted of flowers at the moment.  It was an entire day of flower making.  How am I going to remember all of this?  "Youtube" is a great thing!  :)


Today we learned how to make the following flowers with the Royal Icing:    Victorian Rose, Wild Rose, Primrose, Daisy, Daffodil, Pansy, and Bachelor Button.  I"d say I did "ok" with the flowers - nothing great - need a TON of practice.  I fought quite a bit with the Daffodil today.  She just wasn't cooperating with me. (hence why I have no photo of that one!)


Here are 2 pics from today:



The top pic is of the "wild rose" (I know, boring white color, but it's just practice)  and the bottom is the "daisy" ( I really hope you could at least tell that one was a daisy)  They will only get better with practice, right?!


I showed my wedding cake sketch to the instructor and she went along with it.  (probably wondering how I'm going to get it done by the end of the week)


I am so happy to be back to my hotel by 4:00 this afternoon - the 2nd class was great last week, but it was just way too much in 1 day.  This week there was a fondant class in the evenings which I know would have been great, but it just wasn't going to work.  I didn't even bring icing back to the hotel with me today - Needed a night off from flowers!!!  


Have a great evening!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene,

    You sure are doing great. I can't believe all you are learning. They pack a lot of learning into this two week course. Your flowers are fantastic. I can't wait to see your wedding cake.

    You won't believe it.....can you believe my three day turned into a four day again! No wonder I don't like three days - UGH! Happy to be home.

    Keep up the good work and keep the coffee brewing!

    Happy Decorating,

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy, they sure do pack it in !!! Just when I think I've learned all there is! :) I've even been working extra in my hotel room in the evenings - I have to keep up! :)

      Oh, no - a 4 day - horrible!!!! You're a trooper ~ Hang in there!

      My coffee pot is ready for the morning - 3 more days! I miss home!

      xo

      Delete
  2. I love the daisys!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!