Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 9 ~ Wilton Master Course

Today was the final day of decorating at the Wilton School - yayyy!  I finished my wedding cake!  :)  (I can graduate tomorrow)  Another fun day!  We worked on our cakes from 7:00 until we completed them.  All the cakes from the class were beautiful!  Very different and unique - I will share the pics from class.  First, MY CAKE!  (don't forget it was styrofoam - need some excuses right at the start):
                                 (This is what I started with!  6, 8 and 10 in. styrofoam pieces that I tried to frost)




My final cake!!!  I went with a more "feminine" style - I made peach petunias (royal icing) in white, pale peach and then some a few shades darker.  The top layers of each tier are an "e-motion" border, the bottom borders are rosettes.  My top layer is "corinelli"  lace that I outlined in kind of a pearl- like looking border.  My middle tier is drop flowers with drop strings and bottom tier is vines with drop flowers.  
I did it!  I know it's not "perfect", but I've come a long way and I"m happy with it .... my first wedding cake design ever :)


Here are some cakes from my classmates - all so very unique and beautiful:










I had such a great time here.  Tomorrow we get a certificate saying we completed the Masters Course and we get to eat cake!!!


I'll share the final day with you tomorrow - thanks so much for following my progress!

2 comments:

  1. I like your cake best!!!!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you!!! For not much experience, I was happy with it!

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!