Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Weekend

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Mine went by way too fast!  It was good to have 2 days off.  What did I do with those 2 days?


First of all, the Marriott Towneplace Suites here in Lombard has been wonderful!  I love our van driver, Kathy, who stopped at a grocery store for us on the way home (yes, it's "home" for the time being) from class on Fri. so we could stock up on some groceries (and a bottle of wine or 2 or ..... for next week).
Sat. I couldn't really sleep in - think I was up at 6:30 or so.  I did mange to get a little jog in and even stopped at a local yard sale.  Did a bit of pampering (manicure and pedicure):
Today wasn't as fun - it was a "work" day!  Back to the cake stuff to prepare for Monday's class so I hopefully don't fall behind AGAIN!  We need to have a sketch of our wedding cake by tomorrow.  Here is what I came up with so far:
Do you get it?  I'm  not quite sure I even do.  Looks like 3 tiers are there.  I am showing some 'corenelli'(sp. again - no clue)  lace on the top tier (lt. peach), some drop flowers with what I call 'loopies' on the middle tier and some vines with drop flowers and leaves on the bottom tier.  I'm going to do very light peach and white petunias on all 3 tiers and maybe a border of rosettes.  What do you think?  I hope she 'ok's' my sketch. (hate to be sent home over a terrible sketch)  Tomorrow we still have to learn a few more flowers and then we start on our wedding cakes and also do a "sampler" cake which features a whole bunch of techniques we've learning and put into 1 cake.  Busy week ahead!


So since I decided to do petunias on my cake, that means extra practice.  So with the frosting containers I slipped into my bag on Fri. (Kim did, too ~ I wasn't the only one), I did a little practice - this is what things looked like on the 2nd floor of towneplace:
(surely that's just a glass of water within that frosting mess)


After several hrs. of petunias, I might be changing my flower of choice ~  Guess it will be a surprise!


Tired and back to a 5:15 am wake-up.  Catch up with you tomorrow!  No late class tomorrow since gumpaste is over.  Hope to get some more sleep this week  :)

1 comment:

  1. Up at 6:30? You'll be all ready for those early morning trips when you go back to work! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!